Skip to main content

Stalked By My Doctor

Have you ever been laying in the hospital covered in your own blood, dying and in pain? Have you ever wondered if this is actually a good time to take a new profile pic? Because girl, you just gave your doctor a boner. Get that phone out and snap away, you hottie!

Starring Eric Roberts' teeth, Stalked by My Doctor is the first in what will hopefully be a long and prosperous franchise. There are currently four entire Stalked films, and -don't yell at me- I've only watched two so far. Back-to-back. I started the third, but then my body gave out.
True to its title, the plot revolves around a cardiologist who just can't seem to get a girlfriend. This makes him sad, and very angry, but he never gives up. After all, it's not his fault that these women don't see how wonderful he is. He dedicates a lot of time to this endeavor, and spends what we can only assume are hours upon hours on a dating site perusing the local singles. He acquires numerous dates, but for some reason they tend to have panic attacks when he's around, so it never really works out. Strange.

But then something glorious happens. He meets 18 year-old Sophie, who's just been in a terrible car accident that was caused by her boyfriend. (Sidenote: this movie doubles as a PSA for texting and driving. Don't do it, or your doctor might try to bang you.) As he gazes down at her bloody form and listens to her cries of pain, he immediately sees future wife material. It's all romance from thereon out.

Do I love this movie? I do. If I could break down every little piece that I enjoyed, it would take awhile, but here are a few:
  • Doll Murder! It's possibly my favorite scene.
  • Sophie's dad giving her the "boys will be boys" talk and saying she'll have to "get used to it" because sometimes guys will "cross the line." 
  • Dr. Beck hungrily smelling her bedding. 
  • Dr. Beck threatening to amputate all of Sophie's limbs. 
Overall, Stalked by My Doctor delivers what it promised: campy fun. I can see why Eric Roberts continues to star in these films, and I don't think it's desperation. I honestly believe with my whole heart that he just wants to have fun while making out with his much younger costars. That's what we should all aspire to. But seriously, have you seen his resume? The guy never stops working, and if this is anything to go by, I might need to stalk down more of his films.

My Grade: Is this capable of being graded? Of course. A++.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspector Lewis: Wild Justice

You know, I was excited last night. Why? Because, after weeks of no Inspector Lewis, they were finally airing two new episodes back to back! Yay! PBS has been a bit backed up, what with all of their pledge programming and favorites. There are four new episodes in total, and two, I believe, were supposed to air in September. Only one did. Naturally, I was looking forward to the 9-midnight Lewis-athon. And you know what ticked me off? They didn't play two new episodes back to back. They repeated the first one and then played a new one. So I had to wait until 10:30 to get my fix. Because of course everyone wants to re-watch the first one, right? Wrong! Mamma not happy! But we did get one new episode, so I'll be content with that. They should be playing the other two next week, since a new series is supposed to start soon. This one is called "Wild Justice". Lewis and Hathaway are investigating the death of a female Bishop. She flew across the pond from the USA for

Movie Review: Serial Mom

*may be spoilers* I feel as if I should have seen this before, but it somehow managed to escape my notice. But hey, I found it! Great premise, too: Kathleen Turner as a picture-perfect wife and mother, living in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. She's also insane and likes to kill people over the smallest matters. She has a talent for murder, but not, sadly, for covering her tracks. The thought of wearing gloves or wiping fingerprints doesn't even cross her mind. The first half of this is the strongest. After she gets arrested, it loses some of its humor and charm, though it doesn't completely fall flat. Good ending, as well. Ricki Lake plays her daughter, Misty. It's easy to forget about her acting days, especially when you haven't seen her in anything...like me. I liked her in this, and may I say that it was refreshing to have a chubby young actress instead of a typical, thin, dime-a-dozen actress? Overall, not a bad comedy, but not a masterpiece.

Music: Fionn Regan and The Staves- North Star Lover